Ryan received a call from a client today that wanted to know how he avoids burn out with all the hours he puts in at the office. Ryan explains that it is a very valid concern and something that he must work very hard at two avoid. However, his solution to the problem is quite different than what most people would recommend to avoiding burnout. The common approach is a separation of work and home life. When you are at work you work, and when you are at home you focus on the family. But Ryan takes a completely different approach to this theory. Ryan strives to integrate his work life and home life together because with the number of hours that he works, his home life would suffer. That is why Ryan frequently has his two daughters in the office so that he can spend time with them during the day. They know lots of Ryan ‘s clients and have a great relationship with them. Ryan’s daughters will often communicate with Ryan’s clients even when they are not in the office, through text and emails. It is a great joy of Ryan’s to see how Important his clients are to his girls and vice versa. It is never easy to balance work and home, but if you can find a way to integrate the two it will make work and home more productive and fulfilling.
What are some of the biggest obstacles to work life balance?
- Many people struggle to find a balance between business and home life.
- To achieve any amount of success at work many hours and sacrifices are required.
- Often, when someone fished at work and home, they are still mentally focused on their jobs, making it difficult to be present.
- These distractions can cause immense frustration both at work and at home.
What are the different ways that Ryan achieves work life balance?
- Ryan spends a lot of time at the office, so he understands the struggles as well as anyone.
- Instead of separating the 2 (business and home life), he strives to integrate them.
- Ryan’s kids are frequently at the office and around his clients.
- His clients play a big role in the lives of his daughters as well.
What advice does Ryan have for people looking to integrate their home and business life?
- Ryan stresses integration over separation when it comes to work life balance.
- Make sure that you can involve your family as much as possible when it comes to your career.
- Your family in most cases will be happy to see your business and how it functions.